The following information is applicable only for Japan. Information for overseas installations is available upon request.
Maintenance is extremely important to preserve the reliability and appearance of our products.
Regular cleaning and inspection will ensure that the seating remains hygienic and comfortable for a long time.
From maintenance that can be carried out by the customer to that performed by specialist staff, we recommend that the seating is inspected and maintained regularly.
Simple Daily Maintenance Method
Introduces simple methods by which the customer can care for the product―care of the fabric, metal, wood and other materials, how to check the moving parts and what to be careful of when retightening screws, etc.
Even if trouble should occur, prompt remedial action will generally ensure that both appearance and cleanliness will be preserved for a long time.
Please utilize when confronted with sudden soiling, etc.
‘Daily Maintenance Method’ (only available in Japanese)
Maintenance by Specialist Staff
If the fabric of a chair shows pronounced stains or soiling as a result of extended use, we recommend prompt cleaning. The use of special cleaning techniques can remove the majority of marks and give the seating a new lease of life.
Cleaning also helps extend the life of the fabrics.
Retightening Screws and Bolts
The loose screws and bolts can result in instability or even loss of parts, leading to unforeseen accidents so we strongly recommend that all the screws and bolts be retightened by our specialist staff.
Replacement of Disposable or Missing Parts
There are many parts, such as screws, rubber buffers etc., that can go missing or wear out unnoticed. This is particularly true of the dampers used to reduce the sound of the seat when it returns to the upright position; these are disposable and should be replaced regularly.
In order to confidently use the equipment for extended periods we recommend the adoption of an inspection/maintenance contract.
A maintenance contract is an annual service that covers the inspection and maintenance of equipment by specialist staff once or twice per year to forestall any trouble that may occur, while guaranteeing the best possible environment for the users. Maintenance also ensures the extended life of the equipment.
After many years of service, chairs may become soiled, damaged or malfunction. Once the problem has been identified and dealt with appropriately, both chair and venue can be beautifully restored to their original state. We offer various renewal services to suit different budgets and the condition of the seating in order to restore the facilities.
Generally speaking, replacement of the seating should take place every 15 to 30 years. This means that it is generally carried out several times during the life of the building.
Whether the timing of the replacement is governed by economic reasons or to ensure that it does not clash with replacement schedule of other facilities, it should be borne in mind that early replacement can sometimes be financially beneficial. Comfort and safety are other elements in which renewal plays an important role.
When it is felt that cleaning and replacement of parts will no longer suffice or that, compared with other facilities, comfort or ease of use has become compromised, then this is the ideal time to carry out renewal. It offers the opportunity to upgrade the whole facility.
We would like to recommend that you consider the renewal of the equipment before its function is impaired through age-related deterioration as well as to improve safety, comfort and appearance.
The condition of the seating depends on its frequency of use, etc., varying according to where it is installed. In order to preserve the value of a facility, it is important that regular appraisals be performed to provide a precise understanding of the condition of the seating.
During a renewal appraisal, a thorough review and evaluation of the seating in the facility is carried out. The results of this are then can then be used to plan improvements, produce mid- long-term renewal plans, draw up budget proposals and offer advice tailored to each facility.
- CASE -1 Fabric Replacement and Wood Restoration
- Retaining the existing image and acoustics of the hall while upgrading the general appearance of the facility.
- CASE-2 Fabric and Component Replacement (some of the wood reused)
- The cushion and backrest have been reused with the fabric replaced in a quiet red. The armrests and legs have been enlarged to create an improved version of the seat.
- CASE-3 Seat Replacement
- New chairs of a completely different design and color have been fitted to renew the facility’s image. Comfort has also been greatly improved.
Moveable (roll back) Seating
- CASE-4 Carpet Replacement
- The carpet below the moveable audience seating (rollback chair stands) has been replaced. Creation of a comfortable space begins from the ground up.
Lecture Room Desks and Seats
- CASE-5 Desk Seating Replacement
- Desk seating in the lecture hall has been replaced to allow access from behind the chairs. The desks can be accessed from both left and right, vastly improving utility.
Sports Arena Seating
- CASE-6 Seating Replacement
- Bench seating in a stadium is replaced with individual-type seating. By dividing the spectator area into sections and carrying out the work in stages, it is possible to replace the seating without long-term closure of the facility.